THE INFLUENCE OF MOTIVATION AND LEADERSHIP STYLE ON EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE AT THE ENVIRONMENT AND FORESTRY SERVICE OF RIAU ISLANDS PROVINCE

Authors

  • Haposan Siregar Department of Management Master Program Batam University, Indonesia
  • Indrayani Department of Management Master Program Batam University, Indonesia
  • Muammar Khaddafi Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Malikussaleh
  • Yanita Faculty of Economics and Bussines, Universitas Malikussaleh
  • Henny Irawati Faculty of Economics and Bussines, Universitas Malikussaleh

DOI:

https://doi.org/10.54443/ijset.v1i3.15

Keywords:

motivation, leadership style, performance

Abstract

This study aims to see the influence of motivation and leadership style on the performance of the Environment and Forestry Service of Riau Islands Province. The sample used was 35 respondents from 55 employees. The sampling technique used was census. The data analysis method used is multiple regression. Based on the results of the data analysis, the regression equation is Y = 36,192 + 0.132X1 + 0.602X2 + e. Based on the t test, motivation has no positive and insignificant effect on performance, with another explanation that each reduction per unit of the motivation variable (X1), the performance variable (Y) will decrease by 0.132 or the performance will decrease by 13.2%. Leadership style has a positive and significant effect on performance. This means that each addition per unit of the Leadership Style variable (X2), the performance variable (Y) will increase by 0.602 or the performance will increase by 60.2%. Based on the F test, motivation and leadership style together have an effect on performance. Based on the coefficient of determination, that 30.9% of employee performance is determined by the variable of motivation and leadership style collectively, while the remaining 69.1% is determined by other factors.

References

Rivai, Veithzal. 2003. Leadership and Organizational Behavior. Jakarta: PT. Raja Grafindo Persada

Arikunto, Suharsimi. 2003. Research Procedures, A Practice. Jakarta: Bina Literacy

O'neill, Brian. 2004. Leadership Talent. Jakarta: Publisher Restu Agung

Wexley, K.N, Yuki, GA. 2005. Organizational Behavior and Personnel Psychology. Jakarta: PT. Rineka Cipta.

Sugiyono. 2010. Administrative Research Methods (equipped with R&D Methods). Seventeen Prints. Bandung: Alfabeta.

Ghazali, Imam. 2011. Multivariate Application with the IBM SPSS 19 Program. Edition 5. Semarang: Diponegoro University Publishing Agency.

Rumengan, Jemmy. 2013. Research Methodology. Bandung: Citapustaka media pioneers

Kabelen, AB. 2013. The Effect of Work Motivation and Leadership Style on Employee Performance in Regional Drinking Water Company, East Flores Regency [Thesis]. Jakarta Open University Postgraduate Program.

Hutauruk, HMS. 2015. The Influence of Leadership Style on Employee Performance Through Work Motivation at the Sibolga City Government Health Office [Thesis]. Jakarta Open University Postgraduate Program.

Vanjery MD, DA. 2016. The Influence of Motivation and Leadership Style on Employee Performance at the General Bureau of the Secretariat General of the Ministry of Home Affairs [Thesis]. Prof. University Graduate Program. Dr. Moestopo (Religious).

Yulianita, A. 2017. The Influence of Leadership Style and Motivation on Employee Performance in CV. Cipta Nusa Sidoarjo [Thesis]. Muhammadiyah University Sidoarjo.

Bianca, OC. 2017. The Effect of Leadership Style and Work Motivation on Employee Performance at CV. Karya Hidup Sentosa in Yogyakarata [Thesis]. Yogyakarta State University.

Agustiningrum, A., Indrawati, CDS., Rahmanto, AN. 2012. Leadership Style and Work Motivation on Employee Performance. Economics Study Program, Office Administration, FKIP Sebelas Maret University.

Susanto, Y. 2017. The Influence of Motivation and Leadership Style on Employee Performance: A Study on Employees of the Palembang City Industry Trade and Cooperative Office. Journal of Management, Leadership, and Educational Supervision Volume 2, No. 1, January-June 2017. Postgraduate Program at UIGM Palembang.

Downloads

Published

2022-02-27

How to Cite

Siregar, H. ., Indrayani, I., Khaddafi, M. ., Yanita, Y., & Irawati, H. . (2022). THE INFLUENCE OF MOTIVATION AND LEADERSHIP STYLE ON EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE AT THE ENVIRONMENT AND FORESTRY SERVICE OF RIAU ISLANDS PROVINCE. International Journal of Social Science, Educational, Economics, Agriculture Research, and Technology (IJSET), 1(3), 133–144. https://doi.org/10.54443/ijset.v1i3.15

Issue

Section

Articles

Most read articles by the same author(s)

1 2 3 > >>